10.12.2009

Exactly What I Needed


Yesterday was Fast Sunday and I had a lot of things on my mind, some of which were weighing on me quite heavily. I also felt like I wasn't able to really be touched and feel like I need and want to. Luckily in one of the Lord's many tender mercies (grateful I actually recognized this one!) I was out hurriedly running around doing some things for Stake Primary and stopped long enough to listen to this song on the radio (Sunday music playing on either 106.5 or 100.3 FM). I heard the music start but got out of my but then had the thought, no get back in the car and listen to this song. I am grateful I did because the Spirit was able to reach my hard heart and soften it. It was one of those times when I could relate to something almost exactly. I realized again how dependent I am on Christ and how much more I need to turn to him each day. I am currently reading The Continuous Atonement by Brad Wilcox which is really helpful me to see and make the changes I need to draw closer to the Savior.

Then in Relief Society we had a lesson about families and relationships, which again, was EXACTLY what I needed. I was very grateful for the thoughts shared by others, as well as the Spirit that was able to touch me again. I still have lots of changes to make but do feel more buoyed up and encouraged that there is hope, I know ways I need to improve, and ultimately I can continue to change and become better.

(Note: This is a Christian artist, not LDS, which is of course just fine, I don't have any problems with this. But that does mean there are a few crosses shown in the video. Even though the cross isn't a symbol used in the LDS Church I still find the words and message about the Savior and His influence in our lives very inspiring and a timely reminder for me. There truly are so many inspired and good people and things in the world, of all faiths.)

5 comments:

Shane said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Jennie Larsen said...

Hey! I wrote a comment and then it looked like it was from Shane...so I deleted it...anyway, it's me...Jennie...thanks for sharing that beautiful music!

Wetzel said...

I enjoyed your post and the beautiful music too. I am not a blog reader however I check yours out and a couple of others once in a while (you too Jennie:). It's inspiring. Thank you.

Frazier Family said...

I really like Nichole Nordman. I have a bunch of her songs. Thanks for the text too. Life has been amazingly crazy and a TON of stuff has happened. I'll call or text you soon. Hope all is well!

McKenna Gordon said...

Wow, thanks for posting that! I've never heard that song, but I sure needed that today. Just found your blog from facebook... your family is so cute! Hope life is great :)