7.19.2010

Some of our Summer

Bubba got his first stitches. On our first visit to the pool this summer, he somehow managed to hit his chin going down the slide (next time my child says, "One more time, by myself." pretty sure I will think twice before saying yes!) He was super brave though and didn't even cry while the doctor put in the "sutures" (Bubba didn't want stitches so the doctor kindly did sutures instead, LOL).


Chris took two days off of work and we did a staycation of sorts; one day we went to This is the Place which was a lot of  fun. The baby animals were darling. I decided I want a pygmy goat someday. Then we went to Temple Square and saw the new display/model of the Salt Lake Temple and watched the Joseph Smith movie. It was a bit intense for the boys at times but I'm glad they got to watch it, and it has been years since I last saw it and was touched again.

Chris and I ran the Strawberry Days 5K and Bubba ran his first kids' race (1/2 mile). Then we watched the parade with my family and later that day went to the carnival and had our annual corndog and strawberries and cream. Caveman was excited he had grown enough and got to ride in the 4x4 trucks this year.

7 comments:

bladenfamily said...

I LOVE Strawberry Days! I am coming next year for sure! Fun pictures.

Sam said...

How fun! I keep meaning to send you an email, I've got some boxes if you're interested :)

Heather@Women in the Scriptures said...

Thanks Jenny, I appreciate you telling me what you thought. I think you are right that we need to be careful about passing off our own ideas as gospel teachings. I didn't ever intend for this post to be anything "official" and I wouldn't EVER share it in church, RS or any other "official" setting because you are right, much of it is my own ideas and I don't want to be guilty of preaching false doctrine.

Yet I hope that my readers realize that my blog is kind of like a journal, a creative space, where I can test out ideas and learn new things. I really love this quote from LeGrand Richard’s A
Marvelous Work and a Wonder (pg. 415)

“ The man who has a certain religious belief and fears to discus it, lest it may be proved
wrong, is not loyal to his belief; he has but a coward’s faithfulness to his prejudices. If he
were a lover of truth, he would be wiling at any moment to surrender his belief for a
higher, better and truer faith.” - William George Jordan.

I am really seeking after truth and it is nice to discuss things so that I can better understand things. I hope that I wasn't insensitive to sacred things in the post and if I was then I really apologize and should fix that right away.

Spencer and Shalynn said...

Glad to hear from you! :) Sounds like some fun adventures.

Robyn said...

Caveman or did you really mean Cavemean? :-) I can't tell if it's a typo or if he was just really grumpy...lol.

Jenny said...

ha ha robyn, maybe that was Freudian! Nope, Caveman it is but sometimes -mean might work just as well...

Frazier Family said...

Nice job on the 5k. I remember when we ran one together. Your son wore a diaper on his head :)