1.06.2008

Be Careful What You Ask For

So, it is the new year and hopefully by now our Christmas letter has reached most of you. If you did not receive one, we apologize. We sent out almost 150 of the buggers and still couldn't believe it when we discovered a few holes in our mailing list. Anyway, in that letter, we mentioned that we were surprised about how regulating nudity was such a big part of parenthood.

Case in point: a couple of days ago I took Ian into the bedroom and took off his wet diaper and helped him get undressed so that I could go and put him into the shower. He was a little reluctant to get out of his pajamas, so I told him, "Ian, we have to get undressed so that we can go and get all clean, ok?" "Ok, Daddy." He jumped down off of the changing table and took off like a rocket. I put his clothes in the dirty clothes, threw his diaper in the garbage and right about that time heard Jenny laughing out in the kitchen. Evidently, I need to be more specific in what I tell Ian. I meant that we were going to go and get him all clean. He had a different idea.


Sigh.... Well, he does have his clothes off and we are cleaning....

4 comments:

Angie said...

That is so funny!!! Little boys will be boys! We loved your Christmas card and letter. It was really good to hear from you guys. Happy New Year! We hope it is a wonderful year for you.
Keith and Angie

Shannon Martino said...

Hello! I stumbled upon your blog address from Sarah's blog (I hope you don't mind) and I was SUPER excited to see your names up there. Your sons are sooooo cute. Jenny and Chris, you guys look great too!

Our blog address is www.martinoland.blogspot.com if you want to check it out.

It is so fun to see you guys....

The knight stocker said...

look at those SKINNY legs!!!

Sarah said...

So, hi! I've discovered that google is great for finding old friends! (I'm so glad I remembered your last name). Like Shannon said, I hope you don't mind! You look amazing and your boys are super handsome! We just had our first 9 weeks ago - things are much better now than 7 weeks ago! Brighton's doing great and finally settling into some semblance of a routine.