8.08.2008

Home Again, Home Again

We made it back home to Provo very early this morning after leaving ahead of schedule due to Jenny's extra-speedy-awesome packing. We rolled up to our place about 1:30 in the morning and discovered than Nicole (with, we suspect, a little help from her Mom and Dad) had left the place looking pretty much awesome.

It only took a few moments to realize that it felt different than the place we had left. My epiphany this early morning is that though we really had become comfortable at our place in Las Vegas, that is not the same as feeling a sense of belonging which (I hypothesize) only comes from being a long-term member of a community. We loved our time in Las Vegas, and I am certainly not saying that we will never "belong" anywhere else, but for right now it is very clear to both of us that we are, in fact, home.

12 comments:

TopHat said...

Welcome back!

Unknown said...

Hooray! I can't wait to see you guys!

Strebel's said...

Welcome Back.. I know the feeling.. We Joe and I came back from California I felt a long lost peace come over me once we got settled in our home.. There was so many things I had missed about Utah.. I like rain in the summer.. The autumn leaves.. And the first snow,fall..and yes even driving at night in the snow.. I love how it flies into the light and goes up and over the windshield..

Stephanie said...

YEHAAAAAAA!!!! I am soooooooo happy! I can't wait to see you! When you have a little time come on up and we will let the kids play in the "pool". Love ya,
Steph

Stephanie said...

I am glad you enjoyed your time in Vegas. We are sorry we aren't there to see you return.

Lynette said...

Glad you guys made it safe and sound. We are gonna miss you guys, but glad we got to know you while you were here. Thanks so much for the boat. James things that is the coolest thing ever!!

Angie said...

Welcome home. That's awesome that you guys had such a great experience in Las Vegas. Can you believe that it's over already? That went by so fast. Have you decided where you think you'll end up? We miss you guys.

Bobbie said...

Welcome back to Utah.

Laura said...

Welcome home Infangers! Maybe now we can try to get together sometime?? Schedules are so crazy! Glad you are back safe and sound and that you had such a great time in Sin City!

Jinjer said...

Welcome back. Hopefully I will see Jenny in a month or so at GNO.

Robyn said...

Welcome Back! And Happy Birthday Chris! Oh, and update your blog...those of us who stalk it really need something new to read! :-D

Brittany said...

Welcome back! I can't believe how big Ian's getting! Such a cute little family :)