12.08.2007

He's Here!

Okay, I know that I am going to be drawn and quartered for this, but I left the camera at the hospital when I came back to my parent's place tonight-- so I don't have any pictures to post-- I'll fix it soon, I promise! Anydangway, the important thing is that COOPER IS HERE!

Cooper William Infanger was born last night at 6:46 in American Fork. He weighed 7lbs, 4.7oz and was 18.5 inches long (Granddad Infanger says that he fits just fine in the slot limit!). He is an adorable little boy with lots of black hair, a little upturned nose and (a family tradition!) absolutely no behind whatsoever. Seriously. What is it with these scrawny little boys of ours? How are we supposed to keep the diapers on?

We brought Ian down to the hospital to meet his little brother this morning and they were both really cute. I wheeled the bassinet into the room and Ian saw his brother for the first time. He tapped on the side of the bassinet, peering inside. "Baby Cooper? Baby Cooper? Baby Cooper!" He started tickling the bassinet and was so delighted to finally get to meet the little guy who has been stealing Mommy's lap for the last few months. I sat on the couch next to the window holding Cooper and Ian started telling Cooper about all of the things that he could see outside. He talked about the cars and the snow and the Christmas decorations and the trees, then he just turned around and looked at the baby and said "Love you, Baby Cooper." It was incredibly cute and doubly so because it was spontaneous. Ian is coping well with spending lots of time at his Grandmas' houses and is just as happy-go-lucky as ever. He is going to be a really good big brother because he is so happy all the time (he's teething now, but still pretty delightful).

Jenny and Cooper are both doing well. We are so grateful that Cooper is here and that he arrived safely (for both him and his Mommy). We are also so indebted (again) to our families for all the help that has been forthcoming as we try to get through this next week with adjustments to a new baby and my third round of Law School finals. I will post pictures as soon as I can-- it is finals week, so it might take me a day or two.

Much love, Chris, Jenny, Ian and Cooper.

3 comments:

Jenae said...

Congrats you guys!!! Can't wait to see pics of Cooper! I love the name you picked. I didn't realize that Chris would be in the middle of finals still, man oh man!
What a Christmas present...a new baby!

Frazier Family said...

You guys have the cutest family ever! (besides mine of course) Cooper is darling and it sounds like Ian is going to do great! Love you two!

Lisa Marie said...

Yea! Congratulations! Glad everything went well. Good luck with everything. Finals will be over soon and then you can just enjoy being together as a family for a few days. :)