12.21.2007

Runs In The Family...

So, I was out with my Granddad Infanger on Tuesday (pictured below with Cooper) running some errands and had a fun experience. Granddad is 85 years old and doesn't see as well as he used to. We had to go get some stuff for a Christmas dinner that he is throwing on Sunday at his house. We were at Costco getting plates, spoons, napkins, et cetera and Jenny called to let me know that we needed more baby wipes. So, I grabbed a box and tossed them on the cart. We got up to the checkout line and Granddad loaded his stuff on the belt; I put one of those little divider things on the belt and tossed my wipes up there. No sooner had I turned around to move the cart than Granddad had put the divider back and scooted the wipes up with his stuff. I tried to move them back-- he moved them up. I tried to move them back again-- he moved them right back up. I told Granddad that he didn't need to buy wipes for us, and he said that he wanted to do it as a present for Cooper. I could see that I was not going to win this exchange. The lady behind the counter just looked at me and said, "I wouldn't mess with him." I told her that I was pretty sure that this conversation was over and that I had lost. Then I said, "As you can tell, stubbornness runs in our family." Ever quick on the uptake, Granddad looked at her and very matter-of-factly told the young lady, "I am not stubborn at all. I am just very resolute!" You've gotta love Grandy.

1 comment:

Angie said...

Cooper is so adorable. You guys have done a good job!