7.28.2008

Ian Should Buy a Boat!

So, when we were getting ready to head back from Utah, my dad told me that he had made a discovery (actually a number of them) at a local garage sale. First of all, I had to ask my Dad when he started going to garage sales, because I honestly don't remember him ever going before, but I guess it is good for him to have new hobbies. (Five bucks says that he was actually looking for fishing gear). Anydangway, he found this little inflatable boat complete with motor for like seven bucks and thought that Ian would get a kick out of it in the pool.

We got it back home and assembled and Ian was really excited to take it out in the pool. Ian tried to carry it, but decided that he would rather be in charge of the squirt gun than the boat (which is like three times his size)

Ian got a huge kick out of the boat, and with Ian being a welterweight, it scooted around the pool pretty quickly. (Quick enough that he ran me over a couple of times, anyway). Luckily for the local civilian population, it looks like the motorized squirt gun has a blockage somewhere in the intake tube. Many were spared as a result of this malfunction.

My favorite part of watching him play with the boat was this-- he would pull up to the island and climb off, and then he would try to jump back onto the boat. Sometimes he actually made it and it was really cool. Sometimes he would actually make it too far and fall off the other side of the boat. The best was when he was short by just a little bit, because when he would hit the side of the seat just right he would bounce off of the side of that thing. You could almost hear the "boing!" right before the splash. I have to admit, I kept encouraging Ian to keep jumping!

I don't know who the fat white guy in this picture is, but Cooper seems to be enjoying himself on the boat. He was getting tired at this point and so we didn't get any other pictures of him, but he was cute for just long enough. We have taken the boat out a couple of times since and we have a great time jumping off of it and driving around the pool. Thanks, Granddad!

P.S. Just so you know, with Ian on there, that little motor pulls him around at just about the right speed to troll a Crippled Herring or a Carter Spoon.

3 comments:

Rex said...

I am not taking up a new hobby. Yard sales are not my thing unless they have a hand crank ice cream freezer but this boat was way cute and the yard sale was at a good friends house and they wanted to get it out of the garage so they could move their daughter back into the house. Hey help the friend and tickel the grandkid. How does it get better?

Heather@Women in the Scriptures said...

That is really an amazing swimming pool! I bet you have loved living there this summer. That boat is just about the coolest thing I've ever seen!

Stephanie said...

Sounds like fun! I sure can't wait for you guys to be back up here! I'm seriously in need of a girl friend. Eric wants me out of the house, I have been spending far too much time being a homebody I need someone to hang out with!