7.25.2008

Object Lesson

A couple of weeks ago we had a Family Home Evening on missionary work. Chris shared about Ammon from The Book of Mormon and then I had this brilliant idea to have Chris tell Ian a story from his mission. I said, "Tell him the one about the little boy and your backpack!" So Chris told him the story (which I'll make him type into this post later, after he gets home from work) and then my stroke of genius grew even further and I thought, it's important for children to learn hands-on...let's show Ian how Daddy put the little boy in his backpack! Thus evolved a hilarious and memorable lesson. Not sure how much Ian will remember about missionary work, but I wouldn't doubt it if someday, somewhere another 2-year-old is placed in a missionary's backpack by another Elder Infanger.
If you were wondering, yes, this is the infamous backpack (Daddy's pack-pack, as Ian calls it) from the story that faithfully served with Chris on his mission and on numerous trips and school years since. And yes, Ian is completely in the backpack at this point to. I am suddenly realizing I should probably be a bit more frightened seeing that Chris can actually fit a body in his backpack...but the only people Chris says have any reason to fear him are our daughter's future boyfriends...and since we don't have any of those yet (someday, I hope!), I guess everyone is safe!

1 comment:

Angie said...

LOL, only chris would try that with a child.