3.05.2008

Become as a Little Child

On Wednesday I gave Ian a piece of bread for a snack. He often mushes bread into pieces, sometimes eating it, sometimes leaving it to fossilize. But today was a little different. I am glad I let him play this one out, instead of giving him a hard time for breaking it all over the living room... He broke up the bread into smaller pieces, knelt down by the ottoman, closed his eyes and folded his arms. He got up and offered me some, saying he was "blessing the sacrament." After this he wanted a plate to put the bread on, so he went and got a cookie sheet from the kitchen, and replayed the "blessing" and "passing" again. He has since done this for Chris yesterday at breakfast and again for me today. Seeing that the sacrament is such a sacred ordinance, I in no way want it to seem like we are trivializing it. But this experience really made me reflect on the commandment to become as a little child. Children do truly understand things and are so close to our Heavenly Father. I think they are learning and understanding more than we often give them credit. Ian is such a sweet boy! It is so neat to see him growing up and understanding things.

1 comment:

Winn Family said...

that is sooooooo precious--You guys are such good parents. And he is just so sweet! And holy cow I think it's crazy how fast your littlest one is growing. FUN. Well, you're awesome and good job!