3.05.2008

Cute and Funny Ian

I am trying to do a better job recording adorable things Ian says and does. So here are a few recent ones:
  • I asked Ian if I could have a hug. His reply: "Of course."
  • We will be playing, talking, or eating and suddenly Ian will jump up and say, "Wait a minute! I forgot something." Then he'll run off, do or get something, and come back (3/2/08).
  • We were trying to decide the order to get some things done one morning, so I told Chris to go jump in the shower first. Ian had a funny look on his face and said, "Dad, no jumping in the shower."
  • Ian was helping me make breakfast one morning. He loves mixing the juices. I tried to give him the metal whisk, but he said, "No, Mom. I want the black one." So I gave him the black one and said I would use the silver one, pointing to the metal one. Later that morning I was folding clothes and asking Ian whose clothes were whose and what color they were. We got to one of Chris's black shirts and when I asked him the color he said, "dark silver." It was fun to see him applying a new word so quickly!
  • He has added the word "mysterious" to his vocabulary recently.
  • Whenever he doesn't want to eat something (like lately its has been pulp in orange juice, strawberries, and cranberry juice; all stuff he has liked before...) he will say he doesn't like it, "it's grossy" (3/2/08)
  • When I need to get Ian to focus and listen to what I am saying (which shockingly, happens often!) I tell him to look at my eyes. The other day I was working on the computer and Ian was sitting by me. He grabbed my face, looked right at me and said, "Mom, look at my eyes. I want the shark picture." I really have to be careful what I say to him, 'cause it comes right back at me! :)
  • Ian says "I need" to everything he wants.
  • Lately he will talk about things, saying I need "this" or "that." He is still working on being able to describe to us what he actually wants or is talking about.
  • I often tell Ian that things are my job or that I am in charge of doing something. So when he gets mad at me when I won't let them do something, his rebuttal is often, "My job!" "You in charge!" (too bad he doesn't really believe that or know what he is saying...)
  • I made a puzzle for a Primary activity out of the picture with Christ and the fishermen. Ian and I were putting it together later and the pieces were not staying together the way he wanted. This was really upsetting him and he yelled: "Oh no! Jesus' head fell off!"
  • Ian LOVES puzzles! He does his Elmo puzzle from Grandpa and Grandma Lamb over and over all by himself. He also got a 60-piece foam Sponge Bob puzzle for Christmas which he likes help with, but really does well putting some pieces by himself.
  • He was eating some Tonka fruit snacks and decided to share one with me (yay! some progress in sharing!). A few minutes later, after I had already ate it, of course, he said to me, "Where's the daddy?" A little confused, I asked what he meant and he said, "Where the green one?" [meaning the fruit snack he'd just given me to eat]. I told him I already ate it and he said, "I want it back" and was really upset that I couldn't give it back to him.
  • We were at Arctic Circle a few nights ago and I told him to tell a little girl his name. He told here, "Ian Christopher Infanger!" Quite a mouthful for a 2 1/2 year old.
  • The other day he told me his name was "Woody Christopher Infanger." He is a big Toy Story fan.

No comments: