3.04.2008

Hug a Social Worker

March is National Social Work month and I wanted to pay tribute to my great profession. When I was in my undergraduate social work program, I still didn't really "get" what social work was about, and thought they just took kids away from families (which now I know really is a necessity sometimes! Having done play therapy with foster children whose parents really were having a hard time caring for them). Over the past few years I have learned much more about the great services social workers provide around the world--from crisis workers, to therapists, to case managers, social workers help many people in many ways. I am proud of my profession and am grateful for the skills and knowledge I have gained through my education and professional experience. This video is a good representation of the various ways social workers help people.

1 comment:

Carrie said...

Great reminder, Jenny!! I feel like I've been out of the social work loop for so long...but maybe when Darrin is done with school it will be time for me to go back! I love your blog, by the way, you guys are much more advanced at it than I am!

Carrie