10.17.2008

Ward Campout

Our ward had its annual campout in September and since we've never been able to go before I really wanted to go this time. Chris was worried about it being too cold (which it did end up getting very cold that night) so we went up that night for dinner then came up the next morning for breakfast. We still haven't taken the boys camping yet, but hopefully one of these times we will when it's a bit warmer (hard to know how to keep Coop warm enough when he rolls out of blankets so much!).
Ian had a ball playing with his friends Ty and Kaden. They are definitely boys. I think I need to start praying now for their Sunbeam teaching come January! Ahhh. I really am frightened at the prospect of Ian being a Sunbeam. I'm sure it will be fine, but he has so much energy, I guess I just worry how he'll handle an hour and forty minutes of more structured church. The kid loves nursery!
My good friend, Crystal and her daughter Alana. We thought it was pretty fitting that they were wearing pink and Coop and I were wearing blue hoodies. Way to contribute to the perpetuation of gender-color stereotypes!
Our good friends Billy and Cristian Rodriguez (And neighbors now! We love having them as neighbors!!). I always find little boys to just adore (my own of course), but Cristian is one of those little guys who just melts my heart. I just can't get enough of looking at him, 'cause he's so darn cute. I am a softy for the chubby cheeks too.
By the time we got up there the next morning breakfast was already put away (luckily we'd figured we were late and stopped at McDonald's on the way up). We did manage to get roped into taking a few chocolate muffins. Ian didn't mind, as you can tell. Beside him is Nathan Parry, one of my other favorite little boys. He's not so little anymore though! He will turn out and be baptized come March, but he was in nursery, only 2 years old when we moved into the ward! I have always had a special place in my heart for Nathan. He has a lot of energy and others struggle with that sometimes. But when I was Primary president, I realized how much my love for and relationship with him trumped any frustrations that could have arisen when he had a hard time sitting still or paying attention.
Cooper being cute, as always. But I have to mention it every time (I am seriously starting to wonder how many times I have used the word "cute" in this blog to refer to Cooper! I don't think I'll even attempt to count. You all know I think he's cute, but for some reason I just have to keep saying it. As always I can't ever get enough of this CUTE kid!!). He is definitely wanting to exert his opinion and independence. Not only does he want the solid food, but he's gotta have the spoon too!
I realized I didn't have a picture of Chris anywhere in this post, so I had to put in at least one in... this was about all I had to choose from. Long live the Nalgene bottle, I guess? They are pretty sturdy--that is unless Chris tightens the lid too tight on Jenny's or Jenny puts Chris' on the bottom rack of the dishwasher and the lid gets melted (Oops! Live and learn and try to remember better next time, right?).

2 comments:

Heather@Women in the Scriptures said...

Oh, seeking pictures of Billy and his little boy REALLY made me miss that ward! It was one of the best wards I've ever been in! Oh, and I think that Cooper looks ALOT like Chris--yes? no?

Melanie said...

Looks like you guys had a great time! It's fun to see pics of you guys with other members of the ward too! I miss y'all!