9.10.2008

Play: The Language of Children

Wow, I feel like I am being even more philosophical and academic than I usually am (I, of course always have something to say. But it seems like a lot of the time I just talk to fill silence, even if what I'm saying doesn't have much substance...Just ask Chris. He gets an earful most days!). But since these pictures are from our trip to a children's museum, where children play, I figured it'd be an appropriate time to put my play therapy knowledge to good use. Since I think I have forgotten how to play, it was a blessing to get paid to play with other children for a year and a half. I honestly think that might have been the Lord's way of trying to help me relearn some skills to I can be a better mom. I love watching children play. I love that it is what they are supposed to be doing! A lot of times I think we expect too much of children; now I'm not saying that we shouldn't have rules and expectations and discipline, but play really is the mode through which children learn, explore, interact and become adults. Honestly, I think we all as adults could use a bit more playtime ourselves. Christ often said that we needed to become as little children. We definitely could learn a lot from observing children.
Here we are at the Leed Children's Museum in Las Vegas (I warned you all in a former post that I had a ton of catching up to do!). This was at the end of July about a week before we moved back from Provo.
I love the look on Ian's face. Pretty impressive bubble!
If you can see the number at the top, it says 78 mph. It created a pretty good breeze in there!
Not exactly sure what Chris was doing (or thinking, really) but obviously the museum is not just for the young in age.

"That will be $25.00, sir."
"Sweet. How much money can I get with this card?!"

1 comment:

Frazier Family said...

Humm...was Chris having more fun or was Ian :)