9.15.2008

So Proud!

First off, I apologize for the lack of pants (just ask our neighbor, Becky Williams, it could be worse!) but it's fitting considering the moment. This is Ian choose his daily potty prizes that he worked so hard to earn the previous day. As I mentioned in a previous post, when Ian goes in the potty all day (poop and pee; no accidents), he gets to choose a little potty prize the next morning. Some may call this bribery, but heck, at this point, whatever is going on is working so at $.20 a piece about anything is worth it right now. Kudos to Zurchers for their little toy bins. Ian had a great time picking out the prizes to put in his potty prize bucket.
Since it is part of being a parent to brag and be proud of you child, I am going to do just that. I was starting to go so discouraged about potty training. Chris will be the first to tell you that I was ready to give up and was honestly being a big brat about it. But we transitioned to underpants almost all the time (except at night, which is our next step when this bag of night Pull-ups runs out) and I think that has made a world of difference. We've definitely had our moments of frustration; it's not perfect yet and I have cleaned up accidents in more unique places than I'd like, but it's been worth it. I am SO proud of Ian! He has started to tell us when he needs to go, which is a huge deal! So if you are hanging out with us and you hear Ian say he needs to go, help us out and yell for us or run with him. He is doing an awesome job! For anyone out there who is still battling, be patient. It will come when they are ready. And when mom is ready to give what it takes, as well (hey, I can be humble--I'll readily admit that I wasn't ready to be potty training for the previous 6 months!).

4 comments:

Strebel's said...

Congrads.. and if bribery works, there is nothing wrong with it... right...

Becky said...

I'm glad I made it onto your blog post :) Ian makes me laugh. And congrats on your craft achievements; I hope there is a hidden talent in me for crafts...I just have to take time to search for it

Angie said...

Good luck with that. Kids will be kids and they definitely are going to do it on their terms. If bribing is their terms, then so be it. There's nothing wrong with that!

Frazier Family said...

Oh no! Poor Cooper! So sad to have such a little cast. Ian on the other hand. What a ham!