5.18.2008

Cute Grandma

The boys were both AMAZING on the way down, which was lucky for me, as I had both boys in the Mazda with me and Chris drove the Subaru (which had the back seats laid down and was packed practically to the roof). Cooper slept from Provo to St. George! We pretty much just kept driving ‘cause the boys were both happy. Grammie was so nice and let us borrow her portable DVD player, which Ian figured out how to play with, so rather than watching multiple movies on the way down, I think we watched the beginning scenes of Cars at least six times. Unfortunately, Ian decided to fall asleep right before we got to St. George. Oh well, the ironies of life.

In St. George we stopped to visit Grandma Lamb Sorensen (my dad’s mom). It was so fun to watch her with Cooper. We don’t get to see her often enough, so are grateful we will see her on our trips in between Vegas and Provo.

Chris says Grandma is up to something in the picture below. With my grandma you never know. But she's usually pretty vocal and honest about her thoughts and opinions.
That reminded me of something funny Grandma said the first time she met Chris, which was after Chris and I had broken up, right before I left for the semester at Nauvoo. He unexpectedly stopped by my parent's house during Christmas break to bring me a pictures from our first date (Quick side note: Who shows up with pictures from your first date after dumping the poor girl a month before?! Talk about pouring salt in the wound!). After Chris left, I was feeling depressed because we had broken up and I was still in "love"...I am sure I was whining, possibly even crying, and Grandma said something to the effect of: "Jenny, I don't know why you are so upset; he's not that nice looking." LOL. I doubt she remembers saying that. Since then she has come to adore Chris and tells me often how lucky I am to be married to him. Grandma, I couldn't agree more.

No comments: