5.05.2008

An Old Adventure in a New Place

It is getting late and I need to get to bed-- strange that I have a job (you know, like a real job) that I have to be to in the morning-- one more picture before I go to bed, though. Saturday was the first Saturday of the month, and that means that it was time for Project Days at Home Depot! We called up the local Home Depot and Ian and I wandered down there-- I'll post the pictures of that tomorrow, but on the way out the door we snapped this picture of Ian in his Project Days gear in our new apartment complex. I thought everyone might want to see both Ian and a little bit of our new home.


You can see that the area is beautiful, and Ian loves that we are close enough to the airport that he gets to see lots of planes and helicopters (I like that we are just far enough away that we can't really hear them with the windows closed). The balcony/porch you can see on the bottom floor to the left of Ian is ours; it opens off of the little dining area next to our kitchen. We will get some more pictures of our new place taken and get them up so that you can all have an idea of what it is like here. Spring in Vegas is beautiful, and all the flowers in our complex are already in full bloom. We have doves and some sort of little finch or sparrow living in the trees and bushes all around, so we wake up to the sound of birds and get to hear the doves cooing during the cooler hours in the evening. It is a fun place to be.

1 comment:

Frazier Family said...

Wow! It's really green! It was beautiful here too, but not hot. No break ins yet I hope! It looks like a great place to spend a few months.