5.27.2008

Running Blog

So I am hoping to get back into running! It's one of those things that I know I enjoy and really want to have be a part of my life, but I tend to struggle with motivation and a list of excuses to why it's not the right time, I'm too tired, I'm too busy, the boys...this or that...whatever....blah, blah, blah (Ugh. I really sound like a whiner!). So after I seeing a running blog recently started by a friend, I decided I would start something to record my efforts to get back into running, hopefully for good this time. Chris and I bought new running shoes at an Adidas sale yesterday at the Las Vegas Premium Outlets (it was buy one, get one 1/2 off, so that was great!). Chris says he will buy me as many pairs of shoes as I will outrun. So...I better get started. If you ever have any interest, motivation, cheering on, words of wisdom, or anything of the sorts, you are welcome to check out my running blog at www.jennyrunning.blogspot.com. It won't be anything fancy, just me trying to keep a record and build a foundation that will hopefully motivate me and solidify a healthy habit. I am looking for some 5K's to run this summer while we in Vegas. I seem to do better when I have something to work toward, so when I am being a brat in the morning when I am trying to talk myself out of a run, I'll have a long-term goal that I'm working toward. I am already feeling better emotionally and physically since I started. Hopefully I will keep it up and I and my family will reap the benefits! :)

2 comments:

Ruth said...

Good for you! I hope it goes well. My cousin and a friend of his just had a 100 mile competition (first to a 100 got dinner from the other) to get them back in to running and the weeks of watching their progress/reading about it made me want to go run - and I'm not a runner!
by the way, I saw that you're reading Sarah's Quilt. Are you enjoying that? I listened to it CD on my cross country trip and I really enjoyed it. It took up 2+ days of driving and was exciting enough to make the time fly by. In my head I did a whole long analysis of it, so I'd love to hear if you have any thoughts about it. I bet you appreciate the comments on the heat in a whole new way! :)

Angie said...

way to go! I need to try to find something to motivate me to get into shape. I hate not having the motivation I used to have. Oh well. Good luck and I will have to check your running blog to find wise words of wisdom for motivation! Way to go! Yes, I love the exclamation mark.