5.27.2008

Freemont Street Parade

One of Chris' co-workers told us about a night parade in downtown Las Vegas that we went to a few weekends ago. It's good it wasn't held in the morning, since it was still in the 90's when we left around 8 p.m. We had a good time and met a nice couple with two kids. The Moby has already come in handy many times since we've gotten here. Cooper likes it and it's nice to have my hands free. I've decided it's my new "hands free kit" (Thanks, Mom!)

The Shriners were there in their little cars and motorcycles-- one guy was in a Jazzy chair and everyone cheered for him when he did a wheelie! Ian liked the horses and the fire engines, but when the sirens went off Cooper was a little freaked out.

This photo is all blurry because it's artistic, okay!


Ian decided that he was not going to take a nap that day until he fell asleep in the car on the way to downtown. He was happy to just sit in the stroller and watch the parade go by. One thing that was kind of weird was all of the big rolling billboards and decorated cars for judges seeking (re)election. It is kind of a far cry from seeing floats for the Such and Such 337th Ward and Community Bank of Nowhere.

P.S. Thanks Robyn! We've used the umbrella stroller a TON already! :p

4 comments:

Elizabeth Boyce said...

WOW! Blast from the past! Jenny, I don't think we ever met, but I was a friend of Chris' before he went on his mission. Stumbled across your blog. Your family is beautiful! Just wanted to say a quick Hi! Also, if you like your Moby wrap, you would LOVE a mei tai. It is alot easier to use and holds your babe better when they are bigger. I make my own, but this is the link to the first one I ever bought... www.kozycarrier.com Enjoy!

TopHat said...

I have a couple Moby-like wraps- just long pieces of fabric. I love them- I think they're the easiest carrier for little babies.

Frazier Family said...

That looks fun! AND now you see why I love my stroller :) Not that it was alway convenient, but it evens out I guess. A little hard to go jogging with. ha ha! Now that brings back some memories!

Angie said...

Looks like fun and I totally love the moby wrap! Looks good on you.