5.05.2008

Update on the Updated Update

Okay, so here is the deal-- I went to work at Jones Vargas for the first time today and had a ball-- it was a really, really cool place to be and everyone treated me very well. We'll see how tomorrow goes now that they have some idea of what they are in for, but today was a neat experience. It was strange how things there just kind of seemed to fit much better than I could have expected or anticipated. I am glad that we are here.

Anydangway, I was trying to figure out what I was going to do about the lappy with the broken power jack and all, and I ended up talking to our hardware IT guy, Eric Weller, who told me to bring it in for him to just check on it (I was asking him for an opinion as to where I should take it to be repaired). He applied his tech wizardry skills and did some black-belt diagnostics with a screwdriver, a flashlight and his fingertips and determined that the DC jack on the lappy was fine, but that I had managed to break yet another power cord. He loaned me a universal that he had in a drawer until the one I ordered off of eBay can get here and we are back up and running (and for much less than it would have otherwise cost!) Thanks, Eric!

No comments: