6.08.2008

Cooper Meets Cereal

Cooper started on solids this week! We’ve had the rice cereal for a little bit now, but it was finally time (I think we’d mostly been waiting for me to get on the ball). Cooper has been grabbing at our plates and food for a few weeks now, so he is glad to be started on the real stuff now.
He made a funny face the first few spoonfuls, but after that couldn’t get enough in his mouth fast enough and almost attacks the spoon when it gets close to his mouth! He ate the whole bowl and has three nights since then (Chris even fed him seconds last night).
It is so fun to watch him eat, and Chris, especially, is excited to feed him (I especially love Chris' feeding faces and noises). It’s crazy to me that he’s already old enough to be at this stage, but it’s exciting. At the same time though, I'm weird and it also makes me feel a little sad because this means he's getting bigger and not as dependent on his mommy :( I think feeling this way is just weird mommy emotional stuff, like when I feel sad and miss being pregnant and having the baby inside me after I've had the baby, even though I have an adorable baby to hold!
"I'm getting this spoon and eating thing down!"

No comments: