6.04.2008

Hoover Dam

We went to the Hoover Dam a few weekends ago. It was probably a good choice to go so early in the year, as I assume it will get hot there come this summer. For the tour we went on an elevator way down in the ground (I'll let Chris add all the details, since he remembers things like that) to see how the dam works, producing power for millions of people in Nevada, Arizona and California.
Chris and Ian on the dam. Lake Mead is in the background. It is a beautiful lake!
Jenny and sleeping Cooper straddling Nevada and Arizona state lines in the middle of the dam.
Ian liked the little dioramas. I have to agree with him; I've always thought minatures were cool.
In order to keep the dam structurally sound, they are building a new road that will take traffic over the dam area (a.k.a. high about the river below!), instead of directly on it. I think driving over it after it's completed might cause a little bit of anxiety for me, 'cause just seeing the construction freaked me out!

2 comments:

kate said...

hi jenny!

your boys look so cute!!! sounds like you guys are doing well... we're getting ready to head to phoenix here in a month for medical school. i love your jogging blog, i think i'm going to copy that idea of yours:)

Heather@Women in the Scriptures said...

That is amazing! I agree with you, I would be terrified to drive over the top too!