6.26.2008

Enjoying the View

I wonder what it would be like to be away from four definite seasons in Utah--I am sure I would miss the changing of the leaves during the fall and that itchy feeling I get to be outside and running when spring starts to peek its head out come March (Chris keeps reminding me if we do end up here, I would be able to run outside, even during the winter months; but I've decided summer here is like winter in Utah--running outside is possible, but requires some adjustments). Anyways, my point is, there are things I would really miss about Utah, but I've come to appreciate some new beauties being somewhere different.
Like this picture for example--this is a view from our swimming pool up to the hot tub--even if you hate the heat, the desert, Vegas, whatever--you have to admit that is a gorgeous view!
The flowers are beautiful! This picture doesn't do them justice, but it has been really fun to see varieties of bright-colored flowers that I have never seen before. I have enjoyed seeing these flowers during our outside runs.
On Father's Day we went out for a drive around the valley and ended up at a ritzy resort community--Lake Las Vegas. Never in a million years could afford (or even want to) live in a place like this, but the view was pretty, especially as the sun set.

4 comments:

Angie said...

Vegas is beautiful! I already said it before, we would totally come and visit all the time!!! I love Vegas. We're glad to see that you guys are having such a great time this summer.

Natalie said...

Hey, Chad, Carson and I just got into Las Vegas today and would love to do something with you guys if you have the time! Let me know!

Andrea said...

Yay I'm so excited to come visit! It looks beautiful down there!

Lynette said...

So, there wasn't a place in your poll at the right to vote "Move back to Vegas, it's a great place with cool people to hang out with-and a new running partner!!"