6.02.2008

First Temple Trip

In honor of my family...though since we arrived in Vegas we've found out some interesting facts about Las Vegas Lambs (not sure if we're related or not)--from an ex-sheriff to a convicted state senator. Though my parents may have hit the jackpot during their stay down here earlier this year--when the receptionist at the hotel they were staying at on the Strip heard their last name, they said she gave them kind of a funny look and upgraded them to a very nice suite. They weren't quick sure, but from the sounds of it, Lamb is a known name around here. Heck, maybe I'll use my maiden name more if it'll help! Then again...maybe there are some associations I don't want with that name!!
The view of the temple coming up Bonanza. It is really pretty with the desert mountains in the back.
We met a family from Utah County while we were at the temple (pretty nice people, though they weren't the most uplifting when it came to their opinions of Vegas...oh well, to each their own...it at least made me feel like I was being fairly open-minded and optimistic!). This is Ian and their two girls on the temple fence, with a view of the Las Vegas Valley in the background. There is a beautiful view from the temple, since it sits on the hill on the east side of Vegas.
Ian loved the water. Gotta love that cheesy smile, too!
A quick teaching moment about not getting too close to the water.

It is a beautiful temple, with gorgeous grounds. Desert landscaping is a lot different than Provo, but we really like it. The foliage and flowers at the temple are very pretty. It is so neat to be on the temple grounds and feel the Spirit there. It is a testimony to the peace the gospel brings, as well as the temple being a shield and place away from the world.
We really like the palm trees. These are our favorite. Chris named them "pineapple palm trees".

4 comments:

Chris said...

Thanks for getting all of these pictures up! I like the new template and can't wait to hear what all of our adoring fans (sixteen or seventeen of them now) think! Love ya!

Robyn said...

Those are my favorite palm trees also! I love the short, stubby ones!

Frazier Family said...

So how was your temple trip compared to ours :) ha ha!! It's a beautiful temple.

Angie said...

I love the Las Vegas temple. I had a chance to do baptisms for the dead there once and the spirit is so amazing there! The members in Vegas are also so wonderful and I hope you guys continue to enjoy your time there. Take it all in because it will go by faster than you think!