2.06.2008

BYU 83 TCU 72



Tonight we went to the BYU basketball game with our Young Men's group (I am 1st Counselor, again), and we had an extra ticket, so I brought Ian along for his first game! The game was good-- BYU was ahead from the start and never lost the lead, so it wasn't really a nailbiter, but we got to see some good ball and Ian was such a good boy-- he stayed close by me, didn't bother other people and was really cute when we went to get a treat (he wanted lemonade. Not Sprite. Lemonade.).


In fact, he was really into the whole experience. I put the tickets in the diaper bag, but he promptly retrieved his ticket and sat down with the "cool" boys from our YM who had moved up a couple of rows to the very-tip-top of the Marriott Center. He held on to his ticket for most of the game, but was willing to give it up to me when we got him a little BYU basketball. He kept wanting me to help him find the orange ball (sometimes it moved a little fast for him on the court) and he was a little unnerved when a teenage kid a few rows down started yelling when there was nothing going on, but he laughed and then went down, snuck up on the kid and started yelling back!

I can't wait to take him again-- and I am excited for when Jenny and Cooper can go, too!

No comments: