2.25.2008

Watch a Movie!?

It really is more of a statement than a question. I think it's probably Ian's favorite (and most used) line. We are slowly trying to reasonably cap Ian's cinematic entertainment since Cooper was born and life went a little nuts. I really try to keep it to less than one movie/show a day. Though Daddy is much better at sitting down with Ian, relaxing together and making it a time to spend with Ian. They are also both much better than Mommy at getting mesmerized by the pictures on the screen! :) Cooper, on the other hand, looks a little bored; but I am sure it won't be long before I have both of them ganging up on me saying, "Watch a movie!" I am suddenly recalling something about men and the remote control . . . I am afraid I might be outvoted on this one.

We don't really watch much TV (which makes it quite frustrating that our 'lil setup's sound is freaking out on us; do we really want or need to spent money on a new TV? But it's hard not to admit it would be nicer to have a bigger screen to watch movies on . . . decisions, decisions). If the TV is on, it is usually a DVD for Ian or a few PBS shows, such as Ian's new favorite, Super Why! Which I have to admit is quite adorable. Especially when the "Hip Hip Hurray" song comes on at the end and Ian jumps up and excitedly asks me to join in. So Ian and I dance around the living room, having a great time. It just tickles me that he wants to do this; like the two of us are establishing some little rituals. The show also teaches good problem solving/work together skills (heck, I'm a therapist, I like it whenever I can find an application to teach social/emotional skills) plus it is helping Ian learn his ABC's. Ian says he is Super Why, Mommy is Princess Pea, and Daddy is the Pig (I think Chris is about sick of hearing about which animals Ian thinks Daddy resembles . . .). Super Readers to the rescue!

2 comments:

Seth and Brittney said...

I actually saw that show once too when we were babysitting our neices... I was suprisingly impressed! It seems like a good show!
-Brittney

Laura said...

Evan is quite fond of "Super Why" as well! We really should get together with our boys and let them play. Now tat it's warming up outside, it would be fun to hit "play park" (as Evan calls them) and let the boys burn off some steam. I know Evan has major cabin fever! Anyway...such a cute family! Keep up the good work guys!
-Laura E.