2.22.2008

A Striking Resemblance

Thanks to Chris's mom, Chris and I went out on a date on Monday night. We went to Sushi Ya and had all-you-can-eat sushi (I have grown to like most kinds now, yay! I was so sad a few years ago when Robyn took me for the first time and I didn't like it . . . so just for the record, it can be an acquired taste!) Chris and I had a great just talking and enjoying each other's company. I had raw fish for the first time and actually quite enjoyed myself! My favorite were the Crystal Shrimp sushi. We even tried Tobikko (flying fish eggs) for the first time and decided that at least we can say we have tried it, but we are not big fans! A little too fishy for our tastes. After dinner we went to Borders and browsed for awhile. We ended up in the children's section and read a few stories (just so ya know, SkippyJohnJones is a hilarious book, especially when you do the voices). I hadn't seen the book Harold and the Purple Crayon in quite some time, but had a fun time looking through it again. That, and I decided that Cooper looks a lot like cute 'lil Harold! So if you've ever wondered what you would look like as a cartoon, you now have an idea of what Cooper would look like! :)

1 comment:

Robyn said...

Sushi-Ya?!? I am so proud of you! Caleb & I really liked the "happy" roll. At least I think that was it, I will have to look again. We have pretty much made Sushi Ya our very special date night restaurant of choice. We love it! Their sushi really is amazing. Tell everyone, if this place goes out of business I will be so depressed.