2.20.2008

A New Favorite

So I ate a whole bowl of candy today. For those who know me well--sweets aren't exactly my thing--so this may be a little shocking to some. Give me a bag of chips or popcorn or fries (or a salt lick, for cryin' out loud) and I am a happy gal. But I was recently introduced to a great sweet treat!
For those who, like me, had never previously seen, heard of, or eaten such a treat . . . meet Bridge Mix--a variety of raisins, peanuts, and almonds covered in milk and dark chocolate as well as milk chocolate pecans and cashews make up this chocolate bridge mix. Can I just tell you the cashew ones are to die for? A hint for other moms who hit the mid-day rush when lunch and naptime for multiple children are creeping far too quickly upon you: Bridge Mix is a great filler/pick-me-up until you actually have time to sit down and feed yourself. :p I guess for me this isn't a complete sweet treat, 'cause I also get my nut/salty fix. Best of both worlds, eh? Come to think of it, I guess I do like fries and Frosties and Kettle Corn. What can I say? My taste buds must have multiple personalities--Sweet and Salty must be good friends!

P.S. Sorry Chris, it is gone--I ate all that was left! (But at least now you know another treat you can bring home to me. He he!)

1 comment:

Angie said...

I love salt! Sweets are good too, but most of the time I will choose something salty over sweets. This really does sound like the best of both worlds. We will have to try it. Where can you get it?