2.11.2008

"You in time out!"

This morning Ian wanted to watch a movie (shocking, I know). He has been asking for "Chitty, Chitty Bang Bang" since 7 a.m. when he woke up. I told him that we could turn it on after he took a bath. He didn't like this idea, so he told me: "Mom, you in time out!" This isn't the first time I have been told this. Pretty much whenever Ian doesn't like something I ask him to do, he tells me I'm in time out. But this time was a little different. After telling me I was in time out, he said he needed the timer and went to the microwave and started pushing buttons. He didn't get the timer button but did start the microwave (and manage to burn some food remains that really started to stink). Ian is really catching on to things. His time out are usually for 1 or 2 minutes--until the timer on the microwave goes off. Apparently, Mommy needed a "timed" time out this morning, too. It is amazing how much they understand and do at this point! It also gave me a good laugh as I sat in the living room listening to him push the buttons during my "time out". :)

2 comments:

Chris said...

That's awesome, sweetie! Thanks for putting up a post this morning and brightening my day! Love ya!

Angie said...

that is a great story! Kids say the darndest things. I really think it's amazing at how much they pick up on things and how smart they are. People don't give kids enough credit for how ingenious they are!