2.01.2008

It's a Zoo Around Here!

So, this morning Ian and I were having breakfast when he all of a sudden looke up at me, pointed at his box of Honey-Nut Finding Nemo O's and said "Daddy look! A "N!" He was pointing to the "N" in Nemo! This is the first time that I have had him start to independently identify letters. We have been singing ABC games and playing with his "Plooter" (the little VTech learning computer that he got from my parents for Christmas) and he has enjoyed it, but it is so fun to see him recognizing things on his own. He also picked out "T," "M," and "O."

On another note this morning, Ian and I were reading through one of his animal books and he was showing me all of the different animals that he likes. One page featured a picture of an orangutan with her baby. We have called Ian a monkey since before he was born, so I pointed at the picture and I said, "Look! It's a monkey-- like Ian!" Ian looked at me and said, "No, Dad. Ian is a rabbit." I am really not sure where that came from, and was just soaking that in when he went on to say, "And Mama is a hamster and Baby Cooper is a baby hamster ."

I then made the critical mistake of asking him what Daddy was. "Daddy," he said, "is a hippo!"

If you were wanting to invite us over for ice cream, don't bother. I'll be dieting for a while.

1 comment:

Angie said...

What a little punk!!!!! Oh well, kids come up with the darndest things. Keith and I are having a good laugh about it!! Check our blog, I put up a new post that's pretty cool (speaking of dieting and losing weight!). We miss you guys and hope to see you in Feb. when we are there. We will be there the 23-3. Love ya!!!!