2.20.2008

Cabin Fever, anyone?

I got this in an email today and thought it pretty much summed up how I am feeling lately: "'Cabin Fever: a state characterized by anxiety, restlessness, and boredom, arising from a prolonged stay in a remote or confined place.' I don't know about the rest of you, but I am ready for Spring and sunshine and the good old outdoors. Anybody else?" All I have to say to that is--Amen!

With a 2 month old and 2 1/2 year old that we have been trying to keep well, the days have been pretty long staying indoors. This morning I got out of the house with the boys for a dentist appointment and a stake Primary meeting. Not very exciting, but huge progress for me! I need to be better at planning more outings even if they are not actually outside! Any suggestions of places to go for such activities would be much appreciated! I think poor Ian is about sick of being indoors. That's just the problem--we don't want to get sick, so we've been pretty careful about where we go, with whom, and when, just to be safe--even if it is indoors. The dang germs! I am glad spring is getting closer--I am so excited to go out on walks with the boys (I really could use the exercise) and to play outdoors!! I love springtime! So my vote is--cabin fever move over . . . SPRING FEVER (n. a feeling of restlessness, excitement, or laziness brought on by the coming of spring) is here!

1 comment:

Angie said...

I am so sick of winter! I would love Spring to come, but we don't get one here in MI. It pretty much goes from Winter to one day of Spring and then a few months of Summer. I am tired of it!